OMG, I already love him so much!


I mean, look at him! The wonderful person I am getting my goats from, Kristin Duke at MrAnimalFarm.com, was kind enough to send me a picture of my first new friend. I had been thinking of names for weeks and had narrowed it down to a few but wasn't quite decided. Kristin and I were emailing and she asked if I had chosen a name so she could start using it and help him learn it, and I asked if he seemed like a "Gimlet". It was one of the finalists and thought it was cute. Kristen's answer showed that clearly he was meant to be a Gimlet- his dam's name is "Gin and Juice", and his grand-dam is "Martini"! How perfect is that? Plus my husband and I love Snoop Dogg.

Now I need to settle on a name for Gimlet's brother. It feels like it should be another cocktail-themed name and probably gin-based. Gibson, or Gibbs, is a strong contender. I've been trying to find drinks I like though, and I'm not a martini/ gibson drinker. This past weekend we were camping with friends and going through drink names and one of my friends found the Frisco 49 which is made with pear-infused gin, roasted peach syrup, and sparkling wine. Now *that* sounds like a drink I might like! So maybe "Frisco"? I'm not sure. Of course there is a good chance he may not be called his official name anyway. My son came up with a few names so even though I have to use a cocktail-inspired first name, we may actually call him "Skiddo". Now I just need to know who he will be and get them home. I cannot wait!

Photo Credit: MrAnimalFarm.com/ Kristin Duke

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memories :-)

Finally! Goats!!