Gimlet Has a Buddy!


I haven't been able to stop smiling since last night when I received the email I had been waiting for. Gimlet has a buddy! 

Kristin, from MrAnimalFarm sent me this picture and he is so adorable. He was born a few days after Gimlet and they have been buddies so I'm excited that they will be comfortable with each other. Hopefully that means the transition will be easier for them when they come here. Which will be Monday!! 6 days!! I wish it were earlier, but I love that they are gradually separating them from their dams so neither they or their dams are traumatized. At least not as much as they would be if they were suddenly removed after being together all the time.

I sealed the gap between the gutter and the roof of their pen this morning and reached out to what I hope will be a good source of the same kind of hay they've had access to at the farm. Kristin recommended that I get probios to add to their milk and that will be arriving tomorrow along with minerals. The next couple days I will hang the mineral feeder, make the hay feeder and hang it, and put together some of the toys they'll have in the pen. I still haven't found a slide, but hopefully I'll come across one soon. I may have to start watching for actual garage sales as opposed to just looking on Craigslist, FB Marketplace, and other online boards.

I still haven't settled on a name, but I am thinking it will end up being Fin(n). In trying to stay with the cocktail theme I'm stretching a bit and using "Fin du Monde" beer as a justification, but I really just think it's a cute name for a goat. I'm also still considering Gibson and Frisco.

I'm off to test the nipples I got and see if they work with the bottles I have (soda and beer). I AM SO EXCITED!!!

(Picture credit: Kristin from MrAnimalFarm.com )

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OMG, I already love him so much!

Memories :-)

Finally! Goats!!